Friday, March 23, 2012

Venezia (Venice)

Yesterday we went to Venezia. It was spectacular! I had good ravioli and gelato. We all went on our first Gondola ride! The Gondolier was named Luca which makes me smile. Hearing that reassured me that we were definitely in Italy. His grandfather taught him about the boats and how to use it. Luca made the Gondola himself which is just so cool! The architecture was gorgeous! All the old buildings with the shutters and flower boxes...I loved the masks that were like the ones used for Carnevali except that the ones I got were all made in China! No wonder they were so inexpensive! I wanted a gorgeous one with red lace but it was 39 euros and the next one I saw that was like it was 49! I bet those were the ones made in Italy. O well...It was still a great experience and I wish we didn't have to leave so soon. I could just stare at the buildings all day long, which is what I did :) I'm so glad that I can say that I love Venezia from my own experiences :)

-Gabi

2 comments:

  1. Hi guys! Such beautiful pics...keep posting more, please. The mac & cheese box is hilarious! Of course you managed to find a German Shepard to photograph - does he understand English?! Have you talked to any cute Italian boys, Gab?

    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nutella!!! European favorite! And you found a dog ... you must love dogs.

    ReplyDelete